We have just returned from 5 weeks in Europe. It was 5 of the best weeks of our lives! But we now have a case of the dreaded ‘post holiday blues’.
It was a lifelong dream for me to travel over to Europe, especially London (I love London!!!) and what better excuse than to visit my sister (who lives in Fulham, London). We saved for nearly a year (some months harder than others) and visited in total 12 countries, including; United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Monaco, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany and The Netherlands.
We decided very late on in the piece to do a top deck tour (broken up into 2 separate tours) and without a doubt it was the best decision we made. We met fantastic, amazing people, who bought out the best in us both and encouraged us to step out of our comfort zones and experience everything we could!
Here is a run down of the trip of a lifetime:
May 15: Left Melbourne bound for London (via Abu Dhabi)
May 16 – May 19: London
May 19 – 21: Paris
May 21 – 23: Engleberg (Switzerland)
May 23 – 25: Nice, Monaco
May 25 – 26: Florence
May 26 – 29: Rome (including a day trip to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and Positano).
May 29 – June 1: Santorini
June 1 – 3: Athens
June 3 – 4: Rome
June 4 – 6: Venice
June 6 – 8: Croatia
June 8 – 9: Slovenia
June 9 – 10: Austria
June 10 – 12: Prague
June 14 – 16: Amsterdam
June 16 – 17: London
June 17: Left London for Melbourne
June 19: Arrived back in Melbourne
I can’t even begin to list the incredible things we ate, drank, smoked, danced, rode etc.
My top 10 favourite things:
– COLDPLAY at Wembley Stadium ‘A Head Full of Dreams Tour’
– Harry Potter Studio Tour
– Dancing the night away (until 4.30am) in Prague
– Quad-biking along the coastline in Croatia
– Eating Swiss chocolate whilst in a cable car in the Swiss Alps (Mt Titlus in particular)
– Watching the sunset over the Caldera in Santorini
– 8 hour guided tour of Athens (Acropolis etc)
– Climbing the stairs of the Eiffel Tower
– Being inside the Colosseum
– Pretending to hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa
As much as i have the travel bug, it was agreed that once we had completed the trip, it was time to focus on the next stage in life.